Hi List,

I'm designing a METS application profile. I must embed inside an
<mdWrap> instance, elements coming from another schema called MAG
(http://www.iccu.sbn.it/genera.jsp?id=103&l=en). This schema,
actually used in Italy, is similar to METS and includes its own
elements and also imported elements like DC types.

Granted that I will not be able to validate this mdWrap section (in
accordance with mag.xsd),  I think to mix together MAG specific
elements with DC imported elements under the same MDTYPE block:

	<mets:dmdSec ID="DMD1">
		<mets:mdWrap MIMETYPE="text/xml" MDTYPE="OTHER"
OTHERMDTYPE="MAG" LABEL="MAG XML Schema">
			<mets:xmlData>
				<dc:identifier></dc:identifier>
				<mag:year></mag:year>
				<mag:part_number></mag:part_number>
				<mag:part_name></mag:part_name>
				<mag:stpiece_vol></mag:stpiece_vol>
			</mets:xmlData>
		</mets:mdWrap>
	</mets:dmdSec>

Is this method right within METS rules? Or is It better to embed
these elements under two different mdWrap blocks:

	<mets:dmdSec ID="DMD1">
		<mets:mdWrap MIMETYPE="text/xml" MDTYPE="DC"
LABEL="DC XML Schema">
			<mets:xmlData>
				<dc:identifier></dc:identifier>
			</mets:xmlData>
		</mets:mdWrap>
	</mets:dmdSec>

	<mets:dmdSec ID="DMD2">
		<mets:mdWrap MIMETYPE="text/xml" MDTYPE="OTHER"
OTHERMDTYPE="MAG" LABEL="MAG XML Schema">
			<mets:xmlData>
				<mag:year></mag:year>
				<mag:part_number></mag:part_number>
				<mag:part_name></mag:part_name>