With discussion going on currently within CC:DA about a proposal from PCC
to not require transcription of series statements, I am left wondering what
the status is within PCC regarding series statements and headings.

The CONSER Access Level report recommended allowing series statements OR
series headings, but not requiring both (series headings being required
only when an authority record exists or will be created).  After the PoCo
meeting in November, things got gotten confused on that matter.  I have
seen no other discussion regarding any change in PCC series policy in
general.  Is any discussion going on within BIBCO about this?  I don't
remember seeing anything since last May or June that would have indicated a
change in PCC policy.

Also, is progress being made toward simplifying the series authority
guidelines?

Clarification on PCC position, please!
Thanks.

Kevin M. Randall