Tom Fine wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> Is there any relatively easy way to get DVD video onto my iPod? This
> isn't even a Hollywood movie, it's a dub of a U-Matic tape that I made
> myself. I Googled and found lots of text-line kind of stuff (ie made
> for people far more expert in computers than I). I have the full
> version of Quicktime, so as long as I can get the DVD video and audio
> to a format that Quicktime can handle, I can save it to iPod format in
> Quicktime.

http://www.usbgear.com/USB-PRODUCT-DETAILS.cfm?sku=USBG-VD207&catid=&cats=
This is the unit I suggested to my brother-in-law, and he has found it
works well to input video/audio into his desktop.   It will do frame
captures as well.   I'm probably going buy one in the near future, too,
since I've got some BetaMax, S-VHS and 3/4" that I want to make into
DVDs.   I don't know enough about the input capability of an iPod, but
this unit has a USB output and generates MPEG4 which is the highest
video resolution currently available unless you want HighDef.   It has
both standard composite (RCA)  and S-Video inputs, and the latter gives
the best video quality when you're feeding from a deck that has that
kind of output.   It  has multiple uses for the future, since the USB
connection allows you to input audio as well as video into any kind of
computer.   Also, the accompanying software may give you more options to
create a more professional end product.

Rod