Tom,

The Platinum version of DVDFAB does this and a whole lot more.  I've
used it to shrink videos for both my daughter's iPod and my Palm PDA.
http://www.dvdfab.com  Today is the last day of their special, so if you
decide this is the one, do it today.  Only the Platinum version does the
iPod videos.

I have used some other free programs also.  You end up needing a couple
to do the job which can get time consuming. Since DVDFAB did it all, I
just bought it and have been happy I did.

Angie Dickinson Mickle
Avocado Productions
Arvada, CO
www.avocadoproductions.com