Jack Palmer wrote:
> Frankly I have wondered about that.  Why would anyone want to watch a
> movie on a DVD?  They are often too large in scope to even enjoy on a TV
> screen. Jack

???

Or do you mean "watch on an iPod"?

In any event, our video experiences are going in two electronic
directions: 50+ inches of plasma screen; 2 inches or so of iPod. The
experiences bear little relationship to one another (or to our topics in
this forum). That's as clearly true for feature films as it is for
television soaps.

One can easily enjoy in every way the Bach Suites as performed by Casals
on 78s, but I would not recommend trying to resolve the complexity of a
Mahler 8th from such media.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/