David Breneman wrote:

>--- Rod Stephens <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>>Yep, I can remember when a 45 RPM record was the big thing for the
>>latest "hits", and the LP album was for older folk who had time to
>>stop and listen.   It was and is, I think, that youth feels it
>>has so little time when there is so much to do.
>>

>I'm guessing you're talking about the 60s.

Nope, I'm talking about the revolution (round and round it goes) of the
50s when the LP and the 45 began the migration from 78 singles "hits".
My record store on San Fernando Road in Burbank, California was a
beehive of kids listening and buying something new for their record
collection.   And, the sharing of "cuts" with other teenagers was really
"neato".   And. even more amazing, we danced to them!!!   As you say,
David, "history can repeat itself".    Round and round it goes.