----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Olhsson" <[log in to unmask]>
> >From David Breneman: "...It's the "you are there" aspect
> of formats like 6x6 and stereo slides that drives my interest
> in those media.."
>
> Our problem is that there are now several generations of young people who
> have never been "there."
>
> Fidelity to something people have never experienced is meaningless.

No...but virtually all of these people have attended live performances,
and (except for 21st century folks) have an idea of what the music
should/would/could have sounded like! Current-generation listeners
are, of course, comparing over-loud, digital-effects-altered music
to similarly treated digital recordings...

Steven C. Barr