  Regarding Roger's message/inquiry about Harmony LPs: the two
Leinsdorf/Rochester Philharmonic records to which he refers (HL 7054, Mozart/Schubert; HL
7171, Haydn/Mendelssohn) were first issued on Entre, Columbia's circa 1953
medium-priced label. There were no full-priced Columbia releases. I'm sorry that I
don't have the Entre numbers at hand.

  The Leinsdorf/Rochester series on Entre contained more records, including a
highly-praised Beethoven Eroica. I own one and must say that it's an
excellent performance.

  Roger's post contained information about a lot of Harmony LPs I knew
nothing about. Thanks.

  The Dame Myra Hess Schubert recordings, by the way, were recorded around
1928  for Columbia's "Schubert Centennial" observation.

  Don Tait

 See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.