I neglected to identify David Hamilton as the author of the note telling us
that the Met has little claim to those BOMC recordings. Meanwhile, my original
questions (apart from RCA issuing a couple of those sets commercially) linger.
Were these albums ever sold in stores or issued overseas? There's an "Otello"
highlights album with Steber, Vinay and Cleva conducting, on Philips ABL 3005.
I have no equivalent Columbia version turning up in Schwann..I wonder if this
might have been from the Met series.

dl