David Lennick wrote:
> I neglected to identify David Hamilton as the author of the note telling
> us that the Met has little claim to those BOMC recordings. Meanwhile, my
> original questions (apart from RCA issuing a couple of those sets
> commercially) linger. Were these albums ever sold in stores or issued
> overseas? There's an "Otello" highlights album with Steber, Vinay and
> Cleva conducting, on Philips ABL 3005. I have no equivalent Columbia
> version turning up in Schwann..I wonder if this might have been from the
> Met series.

Several years back, I put the MORC sets onto a CD-ROM, had 400 copies
made and gave them all away. While the following is the full list,
please recognize that while some are complete or nearly complete, others
are brutally abbreviated - Nozze gets a single disc!

Bizet: Carmen
Donizetti: Don Pasquale
Giordano: Andrea Chénier
Humperdinck: Hänsel und Gretel