> From: SRU (Search and Retrieve Via URL) Implementors
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
> On Behalf Of Dr R. Sanderson
>

> On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, Mike Taylor wrote:
>
> > LeVan,Ralph writes:
> > > How would I construct an Explain record to indicate that my
database
> > > does not support scanning backwards?
> >
> > You can't.
> > (Isn't it nice to have a simple, straightforward answer for once?
:-)

> Not to make a habit of it, but I agree with Mike :)
>
> Rob

Doesn't this seem like a "bad" thing?  I've got scan interfaces using
default values that result in diagnostics.  If there was some sort of
indication that resultPositions greater than 1 were illegal, then I
wouldn't see those errors.

How about a hack?  Got a suggestion for a benign place to stick that?
<supports scanBackwards="false">?

Ralph