On 22 maj 2007, at 18.59, Eric Jacobs wrote:

> You may want to check out the ELP Declicker.  It was
> engineered and manufactured by CEDAR for ELP and uses
> the full CEDAR declickle algorithms.  The difference

Yes, by coincidence I was communicating with ELP's UK agent yesterday
and he stated that he went on behalf of ELP to visit CEDAR prior to
production and that ELP's product is "...not directly an
implementation of a single product, but was custom designed by CEDAR
for ELP."

I have the declicker product and in my trials I believe it makes some
difference but to get the most benefit you seem to need to "turn it
up" a lot and it appears then to take a bit away from the overall
sound. I need to sit down and do more detailed work with it though as
I often reprocess imported material "lightly ELPed" through a
software cleaner (presently).

Darren

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and
consultancy services.

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright
disclaimer here"