You are correct Eric,

In fact there are few commercial CD players that do this as well.  I've even had calls
from my high-end mastering clients asking for some recommendations.

I use to have a link to a windows based mp3 player that would play CD-Text from a CD, but
that page was removed sometime last year and I could not find an alternate.  If anyone
finds one, I'd love to know about it...

Cheers!

Rob