Normally you just install CD-Text, and then you immediately submit similar
information to one or more of the databases which dispense this information
for MP3 players via the Internet.

Then you don't have to concern yourself about which drives can read CD-Text
when playing an MP3, and in what manner some software might work with
whatever drive the listener happens to be using.

There's plenty of professional hardware/software that can read and write
CD-Text and read and write MP3s, but the two items orbit in different
universes, so the practical solution is in the first paragraph.

--
Parker Dinkins
http://masterdigital.com