On 26 maj 2007, at 23.24, Graham Newton wrote:

> At the time I was considering changing my 3 stand alone series 2
> CEDAR boxes to the Cambridge environment a few years ago, I had the
> full Cube-Tec system to test for about a month over the Christmas
> holidays.  I was sufficiently impressed with it that had Cube-Tec
> been willing to cut me a deal where I acquired their equivalent
> processes to the ones I already had, I would have moved over to
> their system.
> However, they refused point blank to make any arrangement, and
> CEDAR being in the catbird seat, offered equivalent processes in
> Cambridge which cemented the deal, and effectively locked out Cube-
> Tec.  Frankly in retrospect, I'm glad I stayed with CEDAR.

(Sorry for delayed response). I guess it is difficult as on one hand
it would be "good sales PR" for them to do that, they perhaps don't
benefit as much financially doing it. I don't yet know their detailed
prices so if they are cheaper overall to CEDAR maybe their margins
are lower.  Some form of accommodation though would have been good. I
guess the cost to offer it to CEDAR was lower though and thus easier.

>> They are anyway at http://woof.terva.net/audiosample/ presently.
>
> I tried to access them only to be told with any of them:-
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /audiosample/78-swedish-elp
> transfer.wav on this server.

I think there was a permission problem I have fixed now.

Thanks, Darren

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and
consultancy services.

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright
disclaimer here"