-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Lennick
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 8:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Mass Digitization

Would anyone care for a good news report re DAT? The subject comes up every
so
often. I began transferring anything that passed through my hands to DAT in
1992 or '93, and I have yet to have an unplayable tape from those days. I
pulled one out last night because I needed one track that I'd transferred in

1996..on a used tape that was 5 years old THEN. It played perfectly. The
tape
was a Maxell R120DM.

dl