Susan,

At the University of Illinios, we have taken a slightly different
tack than many other institutions.  We have been developing a
tool we call 'Archon' which is a web-based management system for
descriptive information and associated digitial objects.
Information is stored in a MySQL or SQL Server database, and
accessed via a PHP 5.0 application.  The system outputs valid EAD
and MARC records, and also builds a searchable, browseable
website.  It comes with some defined tools for importing MARC And
EAD files, as well as other structured data, such as CSV files.

Version 1.11 is the currently available stable release. We will
be releasing version 1.5 of this software at or around July 1.

Version 1.5 will include multilingual support and several other
new features, such as improved import tools and a user
registration and request system, so that a user can identify
particlar collections, boxes, folders, or items in which he/she
is interested, then email the list to the archives or store it in
a 'basket'.  The program is free to download and use for
non-commerical purposes.

More information is available at www.archon.org.

Chris Prom