At LC, our EADID is the same as the handle, so we encode as:

<eadid
mainagencycode="dlc" countrycode="us" identifier="hdl:loc.mss/eadmss.ms007002" encodinganalog="856$u">
		http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms007002</eadid>

and use the stylesheet to display text on the title page:
Finding aid URL: http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/eadmss.ms003055

Hope this helps!
Mary

On Wed, 9 May
2007, Catherine Stollar Peters wrote:

> The purpose of a handle is to provide a unique and persistent
> identifier, not just another web address.  I think the handle value
> belongs in the URL attribute of the <eadid> element.
>
> Catherine Stollar Peters
> New York State Archives

> Jennie,
>
> I would think the appropriate tag is
> <http://www.loc.gov/ead/tglib/elements/prefercite.html><prefercite> -
> Preferred Citation
>
> And then you can use your XSLT to display it whereever you want and
> as many times as you want.
>
> Daniel
>
> At 08:51 AM 5/9/2007, you wrote:
> >Does anyone know of the appropriate place in EAD (if such a place
> >exists) for adding persistent identifier information?
> >
> >Our finding aids will be put in a Fedora repository shortly, and
> >they will have persistent object identifiers assigned. I would like
> >to add some text to the finding aid along the lines of:
> >
> >***
> >To cite or link to this finding aid, use this identifier:
> >
> >http://hdl.handle.net/1111/111
> >
> >***
> >
> >If possible, I would like to include this in a prominent location on
> >the finding aid display, and would like to incorporate it into the
> >EAD, but am just not sure of the best location?
> >
> >Jennie
> >--
> >Jennie A. Levine
> >Curator for Historical Manuscripts
> >Archives and Manuscripts Department
> >2208 C Hornbake Library
> >University of Maryland
> >College Park, MD 20742
> >(301)314-2712
> >(301)314-2709 FAX
> >http://www.lib.umd.edu/histmss

Mary Lacy
Manuscript Division, Library of Congress
(202)707-8799 fax (202)707-6336