The purpose of a handle is to provide a unique and persistent
identifier, not just another web address.  I think the handle value
belongs in the URL attribute of the <eadid> element.

Catherine Stollar Peters
New York State Archives

>>> [log in to unmask] 5/9/2007 9:14 AM >>>
Jennie,

I would think the appropriate tag is
<http://www.loc.gov/ead/tglib/elements/prefercite.html><prefercite> -
Preferred Citation

And then you can use your XSLT to display it whereever you want and
as many times as you want.

Daniel