The SACO manual (2001 edition) is currently in Cataloger's Desktop.  CDS expects to incorporate the 2007 edition into the next issue, which is due to be released August 1st.

Anthony R.D. Franks
Team Leader, Cooperative Cataloging Team
Library of Congress
202-707-2822 (voice)
202-252-2082 (fax)

                Tuesday, May 8, 2007
Fellow PCC Members,

It is with much fanfare that I am able to announce the availability of the 2nd edition of the SACO Participants' Manual in PDF format on the PCC Website both on the main PCC Page and the SACO Home Page.  A functional link to the 1st edition has been maintained as requested on the SACO Home Page; moreover, a link to the first edition from the PCC archived documents has been added.

I commend Adam L. Schiff, University of Washington, for his diligence, perseverance, and dedication in completing this enormous project, and indeed the entire editorial group.  No one could have been as thorough and meticulous!  I am awed by the quality of this work and I know that many participants, current as well as future catalogers, will consult it routinely.

Adam, my heartfelt appreciation for your efforts and hard work.  It is truly a publication of which you can be proud!

John N. Mitchell
SACO Coordinator