Andy,

This is what our Conservation department suggested:

Hi Marcos,

I am not sure of the size of the storage area requiring environmental
monitoring, but can recommend 2 systems.

1. The Preservation Environmental Monitor by Image Permanence Institute
(better known as a PEM) records temperature and humidity data onto a
SRAM card. The data can then be transferred to a computer and read
through IPI's Climate Notebook software. It can be moved about easily
and is relatively low maintenance in its use. Here is a link for more
information:
http://www.imagepermanenceinstitute.org/shtml_sub/cat_hardsoft_pem.asp

2. Hanwell radiologgers transmit environmental data through radio
signals, so environmental readings can be read in real time off of a
computer. The set up requires a contractor to install the system as it
involves finding fixed locations from which the radiologgers and
receivers can transmit information. Hanwell's system removes the step of
having to collect the data from a station, however, the radiologgers
require battery changes about 2-3 times a year. Here is a link for
further investigation: http://www.hanwell.com/sr-1.html

Both systems are quite different and have positive and negative sides
depending on space and location(s) being monitored, I would be happy to
discuss them further should you need.
I hope that this helps.
Best,
Vasare