Hi Bob:

We disagree about free publicity being a "scam," but we agree about this:

> I'm saying that choice should be up to the artist because it's their music
> and their livelihood. Webcasters always have the choice not to play artists
> they can't reach an agreement with.

It will behoove artists trying to be recognized, if they wish for free publicity to a mass or
focused-niche audience, to allow free airplay. Artists who opt out may find their audience shrinking
and their bank account drying up. If so, I think my point is proven -- that free publicity is not a
scam. If not, then your point is proven that artists don't need radio. But the choice of whether to
opt in or out or negotiate for the best deal possible should be up to each artist.

-- Tom Fine