I've worked on an XSL:FO stylesheet that is active at the EAD PDF
Generator: http://eadpdfgen.library.oregonstate.edu
There's an example PDF and a link to see/download the stylesheet. It was
developed for OSU but has been somewhat generalized. It still needs some
work, and I don't work on it often, but it should handle most finding
aid sections fairly well. Any feedback on how it does with your finding
aids would be interesting.

It's a fairly basic setup, a Python script calls Saxon first and then
XEP (a pretty old version now, 3.7 I think). I've been happy with XEP
but haven't yet looked at anything recent. I'd like to get this working
with FOP as well someday.

Ryan Wick
Information Technology Consultant
Special Collections - OSU Libraries