Dear EAD colleagues,

I hope that this is an appropriate message for this list, but here at
The European Library (http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org
<http://www.theeuropeanlibrary.org/> ) we are about to start a project
that I think will be of particular interest to EAD enthusiasts...

The European Library, based in the National Library of the Netherlands
in The Hague, is about to start working on cross-domain collaboration
between Museums, Archives, Audio-visual Archives and Libraries, to
create the European Digital Library.  The interoperability of metadata,
plays a central role to the success of this initiative.  This
initiative, called EDLnet, is a Thematic Network run under the European
Commission's eContent Plus Programme. More information about the EDLnet
Thematic Network is available at:

http://libraries.theeuropeanlibrary.org/press/Gearing_up_EDL_Press_relea
se.pdf

Of particular interest to EAD colleagues is the role of the
Interoperability Manager. Amongst their tasks will be coordinating the
interoperability between Libraries, Museums and Archives metadata -
where we anticipate - for the archives sector - EAD will be a central
player.  More details about this post:
http://libraries.theeuropeanlibrary.org/jobs/jobscareers_en.html#interop
erability_manager and the other posts available are available on The
European Library website:
http://libraries.theeuropeanlibrary.org/jobs/jobscareers_en.html

Thank you for your time,

With best wishes,