Hi ARSC group,
	Can anyone help me with this scenario?

I am an archivist working with a large collection of DAT tapes. The
majority of these tapes are recorded in long play mode in 32kHz 12bit
audio.

For other the 44.1kHz and 48kHz DAT tapes I extract the audio
digitally using a Sony SDT-9000 deck connected via SCSI to a Mac
which runs DATXtract to pull off the audio. However either the deck
or the software does not support digitally extracting the DAT audio
from tapes recorded in long-play mode.

I am looking for suggestions on how to digitally extract 32kHz 12 bit
audio from DAT tapes. I have a DAT player that will play 32kHz but
since my MBox2 only takes S/PDIF at 44.1 or 48, I've had to do
digital->analog->digital conversions which I would like to avoid.

Thanks much,

David Rice
Archivist
Democracy Now!