I've had success in lifting a few milliseconds from somewhere else in
the recording - usually from another chorus, or verse or bar in the
piece -  and inserting it where the zit was excised. This is only a
sometimes solution, though, although it's invisible when it succeeds.
Works for both analog and digital splicing, but best done digitally,
because with analog you'd be working from a copy. Realistically it
should be at 15 or 30 ips, too, to have enough tape to splice!
Mal

*******

*******