The program was outstanding.  While Tom is correct, it is, however,
important not to diminish Les Paul's accomplishments both as a musician
AND inventor.  The portability of his "modified" recorder allowed use of
different architectual spaces to augment both instruments (voice &
guitar) and microphone pick up, a technique that I thought was pure
genius.  I also enjoyed his rail road guitar.  Such a creative human being.

Have any of you ever played a "Les Paul" guitar???  Sweet.

I've also been blessed with having had the opportunity to hear him play
live.  Saw him in a small club on a Monday night in NYC about 15 years
ago.  The man is a guitar GOD.  It's a privilege to share the planet him.

Klara Foeller, Curator
Moving Image & Sound Collections
Missouri Historical Society
314 746-4513