I bet it worked a hell of a lot better, didn't it!  You still have the
MI-200?  I think they were the absolute statement in vacuum tube power
amps.  Somewhat similar, but not as refined and with gobs more
distortion was the Altec Lansing 1570A, which had sorry output
transformers (rapid rolling off below 30hz).  It was designed for sports
arenas and gargantuan public address systems, which is what the MI-200
was used for too.  Actually, both those amps were used in industrial
applications for shaker tables, and motor drives.
Phillip