Hi Trey,

Just a thought..

Often quotation marks are used to differentiate performances of
titled works from text-based descriptions of an event. Especially
in an archival setting where many of the recordings therein are
unique and may (or may not) include musical performances. Take for
example the John Fahey song "On the Banks of the Owchita". With a
title like that, it could just as easily be a field recording meant
to chronicle the sounds heard in such a setting (birds, etc). That
said, quotation marks are especially helpful on carriers housing
both titled musical performances and *ambient* field recordings,
interview footage, etc.

take care,
Brandon Burke

--