I, for one, purchase music I hear on internet radio.  None of the stuff
I find interesting is from a major label.  I wouldn't hear it on a Clear
Channel station.   This whole thing could do a big disservice to
independent labels and artists if it serves to scare people out of
broadcasting.  Let's face it:  over the air radio is a wasteland of
crap.  They don't play interesting music.  They don't play music from
independent labels.  They have horrible sound.  They're squeezing the
signal to fit in "HD channels".......HD?  That supposedly means High
Definition.  What it really means is horrible doo-doo.  The only place
to find decent new music is on the internet or at a good record shop.
Phillip