From Jack Palmer: "...I'd bow more comfortable with this news release if
those figures came
from a non interested party instead of Sound Exchange."

The Digital Media Association has had two months to dispute this and we've
heard nothing but more of the same whining about the sky falling and it not
being fair. They are hardly a non interested party. They also couldn't
convince a panel of judges and now an appeals court that the CRB ruling was
unfair. That's a fact and not an opinion.

Artists don't have a multi-million dollar PR campaign to support their side
of the story. Hopefully the simple, completely verifiable truth as presented
by their performing rights representative ought to be enough for most
people. You'll notice savenetradio, unlike SoundExchange,  hasn't the guts
to post the actual CRB finding that lays out how everything was calculated.
Instead they compare apples that were negotiated in good faith to oranges, a
limit on royalties that was imposed as the result of them fabricating this
"crisis" by refusing to negotiate and allowing the previous rates to expire
on October 31, 2005.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com