Hi Joseph,

Thanks so much for your kind words! Keep your eye out for a Java port to be integrated into Archivists' Toolkit at some point...

Jason

On 7/12/07, joseph greene <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi folks,

I keep all my Perl scripts in one directory, and then call them from the
command line. I don't quite trust the Windows GUI when running scripts,
but that's just me. So, eg.

C:> cd [c:\Documents and Settings\...\...\[location of finding aids]
C:> c:\Program Files\Perl programs\tri-XMLdate-normalizer.pl

Then follow the prompts. By 'cd'ing to the finding aid directory in the
first step, you don't have to type that long path to your finding aid
once inside the script (which does not do autocompletion as does the
command line).

Jason, you're a genius for thinking of all those date formats, thank you!

Joseph Greene
Irish Virtual Research Library and Archive Project (HII),
James Joyce Library,
UCD,
Belfield,
Dublin 4.