ALA 2007 Preconference: Careers in Federal Libraries
Want to work as an academic, school, special, or law librarian? Ever considered being a records manager, taxonomist, or information architect? Want to travel and work around the globe? Did you know that the average annual salary for all librarians in the Federal Government in nonsupervisory, supervisory, and managerial positions was $74,630 in 2005?
Co-sponsors: Federal Library and Information Center Committee (FLICC); Special Libraries Association, Washington DC Chapter ; Louisiana State University School of Library and Information Science.
Representative agencies include:
- Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Smithsonian Libraries (SIL)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
- CRS Knowledge Services Group
- Department of the Army
- Department of the Interior (DOI)
- Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- Government Accountability Office (GAO)
This video presentation uses the RealMedia plugin. When you click on one of these files, your browser may give you directions for downloading.