Hi,

I'm writing a very "simple" SRU-server. I'm worried about the response
parameter "numberOfRecords". For me it would seem natural to request for
the "numberOfRecords" only when you need it, fex. by
using "maximumRecords=0". Have I understood this right, although
requesting "small pages" of a large result-set, the answer of the server
should always contain the "numberOfRecords"-response parameter?
Isn't there a way to tell the server that I already know
the "numberOfRecords" and you(=the server) don't have to count them for me?
Any advice appreciated! Caching query and nrOfRecords in application
session?

Background: It's relatively simple to get a limited page from a database,
not necessarily getting the number of records for the whole result-set
within the same Sql-clause.

Regards RogerW.