There's no recordPacking information in the ScanRequest!

Now, implementors around the world are saying,"Duh! There are no records
in ScanResponses, Ralph!"  And, of course Mike, you'd be right!

But, there is extraResponseData in a ScanResponse, and I need to know
how to return that, as a string or as XML.  Right now, I'm using the
default assumption that SRW returns strings and SRU returns XML, but it
seems like the client should have as much control over how extraData is
returned as they do over how records are returned.

Thanks for you consideration of this issue! :-)

Ralph