There’s no recordPacking information in the ScanRequest!

Now, implementors around the world are saying,“Duh! There are no records in ScanResponses, Ralph!”  And, of course Mike, you’d be right!

But, there is extraResponseData in a ScanResponse, and I need to know how to return that, as a string or as XML.  Right now, I’m using the default assumption that SRW returns strings and SRU returns XML, but it seems like the client should have as much control over how extraData is returned as they do over how records are returned.

Thanks for you consideration of this issue! :-)

Ralph