From: Jakob Saternus <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 5:42:22 AM
Subject: xlink incompatibilities

Hello,

I see there are several different versions of xlink.xsd floating around
all claiming the same targetNamespace="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";.

EAD refers to http://www.loc.gov/ead/xlink.xsd
METS refers to http://www.loc.gov/standards/mets/xlink.xsd
MODS refers to http://www.loc.gov/standards/xlink.xsd

When I try to embed EAD and MODS inside one METS file
and validate such a construct it obviously fails.

Are there any plans to synchronise the XLink dependency so that it
resolves to one and the same schema?

Regards,
Jakob Saternus