Looking at our JAC teleconference on 2006-07-10 we made a decision that in
exceptional circumstances, we could introduce a new code into 639-3. I
have attached the notes from that teleconference (see the decision box
under Discussion). I am not sure where that decision went in terms of
procedures for ISO 639-3.

Rebecca