Hello All,

Only Peter has commented regarding the changes involved in additional
names for two code elements in both 639-2 and 639-3:

Affected language identifier:
bej

Change type:
Update

Change attribute:
The proposed change is a change in Language Name, either adding a name,
deleting a name and/or changing the reference name

Old value:
Bedawi

New value:
Bedawiyet; Beja

Affected language identifier:
ile

Change type:
Update

Change attribute:
The proposed change is a change in Language Name, either adding a name,
deleting a name and/or changing the reference name

Old value:
Interlingue

New value:
Interlingue; Occidental (in this case, there had been a separate
identifier for Occidental, which was merged into this upon the
determination that they are really referring to the same constructed
language, commonly using different names in different stages of its
development)

If a ballot is needed for these, would you please issue one Håvard?

-Joan

Peter Constable <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: ISO 639 Joint Advisory Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: First round of changes for ISO 639-3 review period over

Thanks for the report. I’ve commented on Catalan/Valencian in a separate
thread. I’ll comment on other changes here:

-          2 additional names for entries in Parts 2 and 3: I see no
particular problem with accepting these.

-          14 “retirements” in Part 3: My only concern is that
documentation gets added for each deprecated entry referring users to the
entry into which it has been merged.

-          8 splits to items in Part 3: Can I assume your intent is that
the existing items all take on scope of macrolanguage and get mappings to
the new encompassed elements? (Out of curiousity, do we end up with any
two-level macrolanguage-mapping hierarchies as a result – i.e. a
macrolanguage that has a mappings to another encompassed macrolangauge?)

-          50 new entries for Part 3: My only concern is that care is
taken to deal with any macrolanguage mappings that may be need to be
added.

-          49 name changes in Part 3: I see no particular problem with
accepting these.

Peter