I will add it immediately. SIL's intention is that the the jointly held
elements of Parts 2 and 3 should always be as closely in sync as possible.
Since the tables we have on the 639-3 website actually do also include the
collective codes of Part 2, even a new collective code gets added to my
database for management tracking, though it is not included in the Part 3
download files. This would be similar for any change to Part 1, also.

The plan is to process annual batches of changes. This year there are two
batches because of the backlog of requests during the final draft phase of
the standard in 2006 (since we in SIL were under the impression that the
FDIS code set was to be stable, as it had been included in the voting
process). We certainly hope the rate of change will settle down after this
year. I have over 140 new change requests to be considered, and there are
more coming in daily.

-Joan

Peter Constable <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: ISO 639 Joint Advisory Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: ISO 639-2 proposal: Blissymbols; Blissymbolics; Bliss - Discussion

Joan’s approach makes sense to me.

Joan, can you clarify: if something is approved for 639-2 and is an
appropriate addition for 639-3 (i.e. not a collection), will you update
the 639-3 records immediately, or add it into the next batch of changes to
be published as part of 639-3 semi-annually (or whatever the frequency
is)?

Thanks
Peter