Rebecca S. Guenther wrote:
> 2. Add additional enumerated values for authority under <language>: ISO
> 639-3 and RFC4646.

+1

We are already using RFC4646 in the non-cataloging MODS records
underpinning our project bibliographic data at
http://www.unc.edu/awmc/pleiades/bibliography

It will be good to have files that validate. We'll be updating our
schema declarations to point at the new draft in the next week or so.

Our titles can require language subtag combinations (like grc-Latn) that
are only enabled by RFC4646.

Many thanks to all who have worked on this standard. We're a bit far
from the core target audience, but have found MODS very useful for our
project.

Best,
Tom

Tom Elliott, Ph.D.