The Rights Entity in the PREMIS Data Dictionary is currently minimal.
The PREMIS Editorial Committee has been working on an expanded and
revised set of semantic units that is still core but will be more
adequate for use in working preservation repositories.

This revision is based on Karen Coyle's analysis, "Rights in the PREMIS
Data Model", which was commissioned by the Library of Congress
(http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/Rights-in-the-PREMIS-Data-Model.pdf).

A first draft was reviewed by a small number of individuals selected for
their involvement with rights related to preservation and revised based
on their comments.

The current draft is now posted on the PIG-pen under "Premis Revisions"
/ "Changes for Discussion".  The PIG-pen is the PIG wiki at
http://pigpen.lib.uchicago.edu:8888/pigpen.  If you need the username
and password, go to http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/pig.html.

The Editorial Committee will take up discussion of the revised Rights
Entity in late August or early September.  We would appreciate your
comments on the draft and we will take them into consideration during
our discussion.  Please make comments to the list: [log in to unmask]

Priscilla