From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Daniel Pitti
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 6:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: EAD Schema (W3C) and Xlink Compatibility

In August a problem with the W3C Schema for EAD 2002 was reported on
this list and also on the MODS and METS lists. At the time I revised the
Schema to fix the compatibility problem reported. I now have an EAD 2002
XSD DRAFT schema. I am looking for a few volunteers to test the draft
Schema, in particular to evaluate whether it solves the reported
problem, and as important, that I have not introduced unintended
changes. To thoroughly test the compatibility problem, I need a
volunteer or two to test the Schema in the context of a METS instance.

I request that anyone with the knowledge, skills, and interest in
testing the draft revision contact me and I will provided the address
where the file can be located.

Thank you,
Daniel

Daniel V. Pitti, Associate Director
Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
319 Alderman Library
P.O. Box 400115
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, Virginia 22904-4115