Sent on behalf of Kathy Wisser and the EAC Working Group

Please excuse cross-postings.

The EAC Working Group will begin its review of the EAC Beta standard in earnest this year. In order to prepare for meetings we will hold in the 2008 calendar year, we are looking for suggestions for changes to the beta standard based on individual experience(s) with the standard. These suggestions may include additional elements and/or attributes, documentation suggestions, relationships with other standards, and other issues that will make EAC more useful and more accessible to the archival community.

Documentation about the development of the EAC beta standard may be found at http://www.library.yale.edu/eac/. The EAC Tag Library and examples can be found at http://www.iath.virginia.edu/eac/.

*****To ensure that they are considered by the Working Group, please forward all suggestions for changes and additions to the beta standard and other comments to me, Kathy Wisser, Chair, EAC Working Group at [log in to unmask] with the subject line "EAC Comments" prior to November 30th, 2007*****

The EAC Working Group consists of:

*     Anila Angjeli, Bibliothèque Nationale du France (National Library of

France)

*     Wendy Duff, University of Toronto, Faculty of Information Studies

*     Hans-Joerg Lieder, Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin (Berlin State Library)

*     Dennis Meissner, Minnesota Historical Society

*     Per-Gunnar Ottosson, National Archives of Sweden

*     Victoria Peters, University of Glasgow

*     Daniel Pitti, University of Virginia, Institute for Advanced

Technology in the Humanities

*     Merrilee Proffitt, RLG Programs (OCLC Programs and Research)

*     Chris Prom, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

*     Bill Stockting, British Library

*     Stefano Vitali, State Archives of Florence, Italy

*     Kathy Wisser, Chair, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,

School of Information and Library Science

Sincerely, Kathy Wisser

Chair, EAC Working Group

NC ECHO Metadata Coordinator

132 Davis Library