This brings up something that does come up occasionally, which is that
we made need a way to indicate which set of "rules" is being applied to
a name. As you say,the same name can be treated differently in different
contexts. So, although we have

Smith, John
Mao, Tse-tung

if we were to display these in their "natural" (cultural?) order they
would be

John Smith
Mao Tse-tung

I don't know whether it makes sense to develop rules, or to include a
display form, but something is needed if the names will be shared across
contexts.

kc

--
[log in to unmask] http://www.kcoyle.net