Amy H Turner wrote:

> In a month or so, the PCC Ad Hoc Series Review Task Force will post a
> discussion paper on the future of PCC series authority control.   At
> this point, we would like to hear from PCC libraries about their current
> practices.  We would also appreciate any information on studies that
> have been done on how series are used (by both library staff and by
> other users), costs of series authority control, etc.
<snip>

The second aspect of LC's abandonment of series control is
classification -- analyze in full and class separately is (with limited
exceptions) the rule for materials previously brought together under
series control, see http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/series.html

What effect is this change having?  Shouldn't this too be considered by
the Task Force?

Hal Cain
Dalton McCaughey Library
Parkville, Victoria, Australia