Hi,

I was wondering whether it would it be possible to add a source
attribute to certain container semantic units/elements in the next
versions of the premis data dictionary/object xml schema. We'd like to
be able to record the names of the tools used to extract particular bits
of metadata, as has been done in the Statistics New Zealand Prototype
PREMIS Creation Tool (http://pigpen.lib.uchicago.edu:8888/pigpen/40). I
realise we could create a local schema to do it, but we'd prefer to use
an official one if possible. Would this be useful to others too?

Best,

Susan

--

      Susan Thomas
      Project Manager/Digital Archivist

Post: Oxford University Library Services
      Osney One Building
      Osney Mead
      OXFORD OX2 0EW
Web : http://www.paradigm.ac.uk