Deadline Reminder: Input needed: EAC Working Group

This is a reminder that the Encoded Archival Context Working Group seeks
input from the archival community regarding the beta standard. Documentation
about the development of the EAC beta standard may be found at
http://www.library.yale.edu/eac/. The EAC Tag Library and examples can be
found at http://www.iath.virginia.edu/eac/.

The EAC Working Group will begin its review of the EAC Beta standard in
earnest this year. In order to prepare for meetings we will hold in the 2008
calendar year, we are looking for suggestions for changes to the beta
standard based on individual experience(s) with the standard. These
suggestions may include additional elements and/or attributes, documentation
suggestions, relationships with other standards, and other issues that will
make EAC more useful and more accessible to the archival community.

Please take a few minutes to consider the current standard and give us your
input.

*****To ensure that they are considered by the Working Group, please forward
all suggestions for changes and additions to the beta standard and other
comments to me, Kathy Wisser, Chair, EAC Working Group at [log in to unmask]
with the subject line "EAC Comments" prior to November 30th, 2007*****

Kathy Wisser,
Chair, EAC Working Group

Katherine M. Wisser