--Please excuse any cross postings--

Survey for current and former cataloging students/interns. Thank you
to those who have already responded.

This survey is for catalogers who have graduated from an ALA-accredited
M.L.S. program and completed a practicum or internship in cataloging. A
great deal of discussion about cataloging education has been raised in the
library community as of late, and we feel an important component of
cataloging education is the practicum/internship experience.

Our intent is to include the survey results in a journal article that
examines practicum/internship experiences and offers guidelines to both
students and supervisors on how to create a successful practicum/internship
experience. If you completed a cataloging practicum or internship while you
were a graduate student in library science, we invite you to participate in
this survey.

The survey is eleven questions long and should take approximately fifteen
minutes. All results will remain completely anonymous. The survey is
completely voluntary, and your completion of the survey implies your consent
to participate in this study. You must be 18 years of age or older to
participate in this survey. You are not required to answer every question
and can choose to skip to the next question. The study has fulfilled the
requirements for conducting human-subject research. Please provide as much
detail about your experiences as possible.

The survey will be available through December 8, 2007. If you have any
questions, please contact Melanie McGurr at the Ohio State University ,
[log in to unmask] or Ione Damasco at the University of Dayton,

If you wish to participate in the survey, the link is provided below:
<http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB2274NS32PLE>http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB2274NS32PLE

Thank you in advance.