Melanie--

   Scarecrow is/was? offering an incredible deal on examination copies
for instructors -- $5. They even sent me a pdf of the pre-print to
examine before the hard copy arrived.

    The cataloging instructors at Illinois have agreed that it will be
the textbook for all of our classes in future semesters. It's
essentially the same book as previous editions, with an additional
chapter on metadata formats and updated information on everything
else. The same reasons that would have made you choose the 2nd
edition would lead you to choose the 3rd.

Cheryl

--
Cheryl Boettcher Tarsala, Ph.D.

"I teach cataloging."